Saturday, November 8, 2014

October/November projects

I used my Gelli Plate, stamped, and airbrushed with the eBrush.

More airbrushing, stamping and some rub-ons.

These I colored using pencil w-gamsol and added glitter with the Wink of Stella pens. Ribbon was stamped and the bow was made with the Bow-It-All.

I gave these out for Halloween to co-workers. File is from cre8ive cutz

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

More cards - Gelli, airbrush, and paste FUN!

My guitar card started with pattern paper, then I used paste and a harlequin stencil. Once the paste was dried I airbrushed with color...on the other side I just airbrushed with another stencil. The two red cards were gelli plate designs using my Fiskars texture plate. I airbrushed the one on the right using a number stencil. Oh and the stamping is dark because of my new MISTI tool! I can keep stamping and my stamp always lines up! I also really like Tim Holtz rub-ons. Until next time...

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Gelli Plate - eBrush creation

This was my first successful try with the Gelli Plate. After a few tries and research on the Internet, I'm ready to go Gelli crazy!

On the card front on the right I painted a clean Gelli, put my impression on using Ranger Texture Treads, then used my eBrush and Crafter Workshop stencil, I airbrushed the dots and stamped. I did the same for the one on the left except the Gelli wasn't cleaned and picked up the left over paint.

Monday, May 26, 2014

My other toy from HSN - It's fun, fun, fun!!

I am enjoying my Craftwell eBrush. It came with a few adapters with more adapters coming soon...meanwhile I figured a way to use my SU, Distress, and CTMH markers. I cut one of those pencil sponge type grips so that I could wrap it around the pen and use the Prismacolor adapter. While I really like the Sharpie look, for a smoother look I would use the alcohol ink markers.

Here's what I've done so far..

Sharpie metallics work wonderful for airbrushing.

On this one I airbrushed burlap ribbon.  My next item to airbrush is going to be glass

Here's a few more

Saturday, May 24, 2014

My new toy from HSN

I was excited about the Evolution by WeRMemory Keepers. I really like how it embosses, but it's been hit and miss with die cutting. These are some samples using Georgia Pacific paper. I could never get the WRMK 3x4 die to cut using the evolution mat. So I tried using the cuttlebug plate instead of the Evolution Mat B and it cut successfully. It was mentioned that WRMK dies emboss when it cuts. Depending on your setting you will see a hint of embossing. I didn't have that problem with my sprocket die, but on the key die there was a little embossing in the middle.
 This machine is awesome for embossing. Below is CTMH paper (thin). On the left side I used a setting of 6 which was too high and on the right I used 4. I tried 5 and the paper ripped a little in some spots.
 This is thicker cardstock not sure of the weight (could be Georgia Pacific)

Saturday, May 3, 2014

May 2014 - What I've made since my last post

Well I've been making lots of cards and crafty stuff. Finding new, to me, embellies and  mediums to play with like embossing paste, pastels, guitar picks, metal paints, etc.

I painted the brads and chipboard with Swellegant metal coating (this stuff makes chipboard and other items look like metal) on the red card I foiled and added a pick (cross was stamped on).

 These are print and cuts I did using Deviantscrap digital images and my Zing and KNK Maxx. Music saying is from TLC.
 On these cards I used embossing paste, I really enjoy the texture it adds to the cards
I bought a pick punch and some celluloid to make guitar picks for jewelry and cards. On this pick I stamped an eye using Stazon ink, added glaze on, then finished it with Fantastic Glaze and Glue